18.4% discount all day on March 8th
for women only, to highlight the average pay gap discrepancy that women face in the workplace every day.
Female customers will be automatically given an 18.4% discount off their bill *
Reasons the 18.4% discount is being applied:
1. In the UK the gender pay gap means that women, on average, are paid around 18.4% less than men for doing the same job
2. 18.4% is the Government’s figure that includes salary information of all types of employee – both full-time and part-time
3. Women are much more likely to take part-time jobs to work around child-care, elder-care and running the home
4. Men typically tend to stay in full time employment and progress their career and their earning potential
5. Prime Burger want to highlight the issue of gender inequality and work towards ensuring that the pay gap in the UK is reduced and women in the work place are supported and valued
*UK average gender pay gap for all employees (full-time and part-time).